God's Plan

God's Plan
My life is proof that God wants to use me... Starting now

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Canada or Bust!

 I am planning on a six week missions trip with a Pastor up on North Eastern Canada in Fort Chipewyan. My plans are to leave around the 21st of March (this is subject to change as is the extent of the trip, because I may like enough not to come back as soon. :D. My original plan was to buy a new car before I went up there but after realizing how picky I have been in the new vehicle department I decided to drive my 1978 Chevy Nova most of the way and fly in over the lake that may slow the road trip aspect of things. If I recall correctly the total miles of the whole trip will be in the 4200 mile range of things.
 The people Pastor Arlyn works with are the natives to Canada. The little village splits two tribal groups of people (West and East) so the language is a mix of mostly English and much influence of the native languages. The men are gone most of the winter on the trap line as the women and children stay in the village. Contrary to what people may think, these people do NOT use the sled dog as their main mode of transportation in the winter. They use Ski Doos (Snow mobile) to run their trap lines. There are also ice highways to get into the area during the winter, but in the summer they either have to fly or boat  into the village. Because of the time of year I chose to go up there I will fly in the last leg of the trip so I don't have my car left up there after the ice breakup.
 Pastor Arlyn told me that he may give me opportunity to speak in church at some point while I am up there. The exact details of every thing that I will be doing are not clear to me other than I am planning on being in Pastor's shadow to help where I can and to observe how he ministers to the people according to their needs.
 My prayer in my trip is to better understand missions on a first hand basis as well as better know where God will place to in my service for Him (Missions, Pastorate, Work field, etc.). My desire is as well to be as much of a blessing to Pastor Arlyn as I can while I am there with him.

1 comment:

  1. ...aaaaaand... another one bites the blogging dust :) woop woop!

    ReplyDelete