God's Plan

God's Plan
My life is proof that God wants to use me... Starting now

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Church Hunting

 I have been considering moving to Missoula, MT and so I have been searching out possible housing and Church options. The search so far has been more of a testing field of what my living costs will be and what I will run into when it comes to getting to the nitty gritty of search for a church family. This is somewhat how the Church search went (so far any way)...
Church 1 - "First Baptist Church of Missoula"
 The first Item I saw on their web page consisted of food, and as I scrolled down I saw that they did have a weekly potluck. They also had a "breakfast" before Church... at first I was concerned (we all know how rambunctious a Baptist breakfast can be), but my concerns were unnecessary because the message continued to say that it was "for all ages." As I continued the search I could not find anything dealing with what they actually believed... so the search continues...
 Church 2 - "Open Door Baptist Church"
 One of the First Things I saw on this page was a battle between the devil and the 1611 KJV... the KJV smashed the 1611. Just underneath this moving icon are statistics comparing the KJV with other translations and the comment "If it ain't broke don't fix it." Clearly this Church is KJV only, so me being one who uses the NKJV thought this could be a bad choice especially when I want to join the church I attend.
 Church 3 - "Midtown Church"
 This Church had style, the front page said that they dressed casually and "Love God, Love People, Love our Community." One of their worship leaders had some real big lamb chops and a mullet.
Church 4 - "Missoula Bible Church"
 This Church claims to be "A life changing Church." After some searching I discovered that the pastor preached with much "freedom and joy that brings life." She seemed like a good person but I decided to look on some more.
There were many other Churches that I looked at consisting of: "Christian Science Reading Room," "First Church of the Nazarene," "Garden City Church," "Saint Anthony Parish."
Well the looking is still going but I did find some that looked like good possibilities.
 On a more serious note I would like your prayers as I look for a Church and consider the different job opportunities (Fire, leather, or both). And on another side note I may be taking some college credit classes this coming winter if things go as I would like them to... but may God's direction in my life take first place and may my desires line up with His direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment