God's Plan

God's Plan
My life is proof that God wants to use me... Starting now

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fort Chip

 My time spent in Fort Chip was much more relaxed than the travel experience. I was able to get to see the area by snow mobile. The main highways there are the rivers and Lake Athabaska that are traveled by snow mobile by winter and boat by summer. The area is made up of beautiful islands surrounded by water or delta. I am not capable of giving you a written tour of the area so I will not even try.

My over all schedule of the 6 weeks spent there consisted of speaking on Sunday mornings 3 times, leading music 2 Sunday mornings, speaking once for a communion, singing a special music on Good Friday, and meeting people in the community and making friendships with them. My day usually was spent studying and practicing Guitar in the afternoons and visiting people in the evenings. Towards the end of my stay there I was able to get in on some drumming songs and bbq/cook outs with some of the young people in the community. I did a lot of picking people up and dropping people off for Church and Bible studies so I was able to talk during short drives as well.


As I was going to Fort Chip my prayer has been that God would give me a greater passion for those who do not know Him as their personal Savior, that I would have a better understanding of missions, and I would have more of a passion for missions. God answered all three of those requests and He felt it necessary to add more lessons of faith with that as well. The entire time I was there I never was able get my new debit card so I was unable access my funds besides the cash that I had on hand. The day I left Fort Chip my card arrived a few hours after I was gone, but God provided for all of my needs. Well my mind is drawing a blank but if you have questions you can contact me and chat for a while. TTFN  

No comments:

Post a Comment